Monday, February 8, 2016

Coastal Abstract Art "School in Session" by International Contemporary Artist Kimberly Conrad


Kimberly Conrad Contemporary Artist "Pouring Color Into Your Life"

This is painting #6 of the 30/30 painting challenge with Leslie Saeta

It's always interesting to see what emerges in an abstract painting.....not at all what I thought I was happening -did not think I was painting anything coastal....maybe you see nothing coastal in this piece- that is the beauty of abstract art- each viewer sees something completely different - based on their personality and personal experiences.

This day in the studio was a "play day". No commissions- or deadlines- just playing for the sheer FUN of it.....back to my abstract roots.

When I stepped away from this piece, I admit I was a little confused- but when I went back into the studio the next morning- I saw a school of beautifully colored little fish...and big fish leading little fish out of their little sea cave!!


"School in Session"

 30"x40"x1.5 Acrylic on Gallery Wrapped Canvas


 Click HERE for more info.

 View more of my work at http://kimberlyconradfineart.com

 View just Seascapes at http://coastallivingart.com

 Thanks for stopping by....

 New Years Day I Shared Some News....if you missed it- you can read it HERE



Yesterday I shared a video clip of Jim Rohn- a business leader whose books and videos have greatly motivated me over the years and continue to do so.

Here is another one of my favorite Jim Rohn quotes:

"Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment."

 Remember the quote I shared a few days ago by Beth Moore? 

"Creativity minus discipline equals unrealized potential"

Each Year I choose ONE word to be my THEME WORD for the whole year- this is different from my goals for the year, for there are many of those.

This is one word that I meditate on - study in depth and am VERY intentional about applying to all parts of my life.

I thought I had chosen another word for 2016- but in my daily readings, studies and quiet moments so far this year, the word that keeps popping up is DISCIPLINE.

So.....this year I will systematically evaluate every area of my life -personally, relationally and professionally - and begin to implement NEW DISCIPLINES!!

Wish Me luck!!

Do you have a special WORD for 2016, or an area in your life that needs a new kind of Discipline?
Feel free to share below in Comments!

Kimberly Conrad Contemporary Art Gallery Boarding House Studio Galleries
220 East 7th Ave (Capitol Hill)
Denver, CO 80203
303.881.2258

No comments:

Post a Comment